Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sunshine in my backpack makes me happy (sorry John Denver)

I haven't had time to try any new recipes but I have had some things on my mind regarding cinnamon rolls. First, there is the cinnamon question. How much is too much and what kind to use? Apparently there are different kinds and one kind can cause liver damage in some people! And there is a LOT of cinnamon in many recipes.

Then the egg conundrum. 1 or 2?

Thirdly, the "let it rise for around an hour or let it rise overnight in the fridge" puzzle, which probably has some logical answer but I haven't found it yet.

And finally the yeast problem. I thawed out a roll from my test batch and it might have tasted a little yeasty.

I was reading the part where Sunshine changes her pocketknife into a key on the bus this morning and this couple in front of me was making out (at 7 am!). How they had the energy I don't know. It was very distracting (and noisy) so I ended up re-reading the same part over and over ... which is ok since I love that part of the book so much. Afterwards, I had that scene in my head (not the slobbering couple, but the scene in the book) so I decided to really nerd out and make fan art. Yes, I am a nerd but I have never made fan art except for the drawings of R2D2 etc that I did in my pre-teen years. I have never used Photoshop before so it was interesting playing around. I found the coolest background from Flikr (creative commons license to use).





So ... today I learned how to give photographs transparent backgrounds! COOL. So far in the book there is no description of the key and I don't remember if there is one later so I found a key that had a tree-like design at the top which I thought would be appropriate since Sunshine feels that her evolving use of magic is like a sapling growing into a tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment