Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Too darn hot and visions of sugar cookies danced in my head

I can't believe that my baking break has lasted this long but this summer has been too hot. I have baked one time, which didn't turn out as I had hoped, and that didn't help matters.

I brought several baking books back to Sweden with me. One of them had a recipe for sugar cookies that I was dying to try. It was the cover photo recipe





that got my attention since it reminded me of my all-time favorite sugar cookies from the now-closed Chris's Bakery in Oak Harbor, Washington. I have never found sugar cookies as good as those, but then again, I was a pre-teen the last time I ate them, and my taste buds have changed (i.e. I ate Twinkies after 20-plus years of missing them and found them inedible). So who knows if Chris's sugar cookies were actually good, but the drool-inducing memory was.

Ok, so as soon as we got back from the States I tried the recipe. DISAPPOINTED! Unsalted butter and no added salt in the recipe? Blah.

My Sunshine baking motivation is at a low point right now. As soon as the weather cools down I will dust off my apron and dive into my project again.

No comments:

Post a Comment